In the last post I told you how my project was a challenge on two fronts; firstly a more complicated construction and secondly a more daring colour choice.
Meet my colour line up;
These are three of my favourite semi solid colours to dye, but colours I would never have put together in an outfit for myself.
Here they are again all stacked up and ready to knit with...
I'm so excited about this colour concept!
The idea for this combo came from a project I found under the pattern details for projects knit... you can find the link on my Ravelry project page. That's the great thing about Ravelry... because there are so many ways to connect and store information relating to a pattern, as a knitter wishing to knit that particular pattern you have a great resource beyond the pattern itself... and all of that is FREE beyond the price of the pattern!
This is the first section knitting up.. I'm loving the construction, although I have to say I've had to tink back a few times.
A big thank you to Stephen West here, his YouTube video help was brilliant!
Here I am part way through section two.
I love how these colours are working together.
I must admit at this point there are issues with my version of this pattern.
I made a mistake in section one, a mistake I knew had happened and had enlarged my stitch count, but one I could not fathom where to rectify, even after tinking back and reknitting. So I made a bold decision to make a modification to the pattern which would allow me to knit on... I think builders call it a 'bodge job'!
I know, I know I should go back and rectify it, but the truth is life is a little too short... I've worked out that my modification affects stitch counting in certain areas, but hopefully not the overall look... so I'm moving on! Stephen... I wholeheartedly apologise.. I promise this is not a butcher's job!!