Hey, look at me all pleased with myself... I've been featured on Fibreshare, under their Monday Makers feature... Monday Makers | Sara: Indie Dyer + Fibre Artist of Sara’s Texture Crafts.
Thank you so much Ladies!
Let me tell you a bit about Fibreshare... Fibreshare is an on-line fibre and yarn swap group. It was set up in early 2015 and has since become an international affair with 358 participants in 22 countries for their last swap.
It's a great way to meet new friends and to maybe try some stuff that you haven't tried before.
Read more about Fibreshare here.
I got involved for the first time this year and signed up to take part in my first ever big swap.
You have a couple of choices on the level of detail you want to provide for Fibreshare to match you to a partner... I went full hog and bought myself a 'plus' subscription which cost a very minimal $7 to enter. The level of detail was incredible, especially to think that the Fibreshare team had to painstakingly go through every swap participant and match on like for like where they could. I'm sure some of that teaming up was masterminded by looking up people's Instagram feeds and websites where information allowed. An incredible amount of work!
I was lucky enough to be teamed up with Jillian from MothyAndTheSquid, who sent me this awesome package which I discussed on my last podcast.
She did an wonderful job with her package and has become a new fibre friend I'm very pleased to say.
I was teamed up with a lady called Heather over in Canada, which was wonderful as it has opened me up to lots of new conversation and things to think about.
This is what I sent;
- Elegant 4ply in colour Berry Berry, which is a semi solid dye technique.
- Superwash DK in colour Nightfall, which is a variegated dye technique.
- Lux Sock (4ply) in colour Ocean Spray, which is a tweed dye technique.
- Superwash Sock (4ply) in colour Teal, which is a semi solid dye technique.
- Shine 4ply in a one-of-a-kind colour block dye technique.
You can find my shop at www.sarastexturecrafts.com
I also included;
- Journal for knitting notes.
- Travel themed project bag from www.spinningandstitching.etsy.com.
- A small skein of my hand spun yarn, made from colour Rosemoor on BFL.
I just heard back from my swap partner and she loves it... phew... these things always make me nervous!
I recommend having a go...
Have a wonderful day,