this hat is designed to be easy to knit and to work with any yarn dye technique.
Skill Level – Beginner.
Yarn – 100g/166m, Sara’s Texture Crafts DONEGAL Base (Merino with Nep) Aran weight. Colour: RUSTY GATE
Needles – 6mm/ 10
40cm/16” circulars and double points to cast off. US
Finished Measurements – Laying flat the hat measures 15 inches/38cm at the brim (circumference) and 9.75 inches/25.7vm from brim to top.
To Fit: 20 inch head circumference/51.7cm.
Ease: Negative 5 inches/12.6cm in rib width and 3 inches/8.6cm on stockinette width.
Sts – stitches
PM – Place marker
K – Knit
P – Purl
K2tbl – Knit 2 together through the back loop.
K2tog – Knit 2 together
· Cast on 72sts, PM and join in the round (do not twist).
· Ribbing - *K4, P4* Repeat to end.
· Continue this design for 3 inches/8.6cm.
· Stockinette (knit row 1, Purl row 2 and repeat) for 6 inches/15.2cm. Giving you 9 inches length in total for the hat so far.
· *K2tog, K14, K2tbl, PM* repeat to end.
· *K2tog, K12, K2tbl, PM* repeat to end.
· *K2tog, K10, K2tbl, PM* repeat to end.
· *K2tog, K8, K2tbl, PM* repeat to end.
· *K2tog, K6, K2tbl, PM* repeat to end.
· *K2tog, K4, K2tbl, PM* repeat to end.
K2, K2tbl, PM* repeat to end. Giving you 4 sts between each marker.
· Cut a long tail in your yarn, thread through a needle and pass through the live stitches. Pull tight and weave in your ends.
Blocking: I did not block my hat, as the yarn bounced back enough to wear straight away.
Thank you very much for choosing a Sara’s Texture Crafts pattern. I hope you have enjoyed the project. You can find my website at www.SarasTextureCrafts.com if you have any questions or queries.
You can also add this to your Ravelry library here.
Don't forget to sign up to the newsletter for weekly updates , or follow the blog on BlogLovin'. Show us what you are making over in our Facebook Group!