This is my go-to recipe for bulk making pasta meals. I use it to freeze for evenings when I am working late and to take as a packed lunch to shows. It is a versatile base on which you can add many accompaniments like; lovely cheeses, meats, fish... or just to eat with warm crusted bread dipped in olive oil.
Recipe: Simple Pasta Bake (bulk)
Serves: as 6-8 packed lunch bases, or 4-6 accompaniments to evening meals.
- 6 handfuls of pasta
- 1 large courgette
- 3 bell peppers
- 500g mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons tomatoe puree
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 3 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Roughly chop vegetables and add to a deep tray/dish.
- Add the pasta, tomatoe puree, herbs and seasoning.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and use one of the tins to fill with water and add to the tray bake.
- Mix these items together so there is good sauce coverage over the mix of vegetables and pasta.
- Cover the tray with foil.
- Cook for 60 minutes at mid oven level.
- After this take out the tray, remove the foil and stir the pasta bake.
- Return to the oven without foil for a further 20-30 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the vegetables have softened (they should still have a crunch).
Serving accompaniment suggestions:
- A door stop of bread smeared with olive oil and a soft cheese.
- With chunks of Mozerella.
- With a breast of chicken, pork meatballs, a herb sausage, or slices of Chorizo.
Have a wonderful day... Sara x
Don't forget to sign up to the newsletter for weekly updates , or follow the blog on BlogLovin'. Show us what you are making over in our Facebook Group!