Thursday, 16 January 2014

Customer Photos: Handspun and Upcycled yarns by Carolina of caminodeyara.indiemade.com

 
Since I started knitting and crocheting for charities, quite a few years ago, we have received many gifts of yarn from friends and customers. Since not all the yarn has been suitable for crocheting for babies, because of its texture and/or materials, and of course since I am not throwing it away, we reuse it by spinning it as the core for handspun yarn. The wool rovings are drafted very finely, and are spun together with the core yarn, creating lovely colour combinations. That way, all those discarded yarns get a second life, and the process of spinning it adds a very powerful energy to the yarn.



You can find Carolina's beautiful work at http://caminodeyara.indiemade.com/

Have a wonderful day... Sara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...