Friday, 20 December 2013

Hand Dyed Collection: PANSY - Swatches and Ideas.


Pansy is one of my favourite late Spring floral colours... it is so fresh and clean. The colour is a kettle dyed variegation, meaning that no two bumps are the same even in the same dye pot. This gives you some interesting themes to work on when spinning and felting your work.

I have spun and knit two samples for inspiration;
 
  1. Single ply fingering (4ply) weight on 5mm needles. Spinning my fibre direct from the top allows the colours to play out as they appear in the braid and lightly blend via drafting.
  2. Two ply Aran weight on 5mm needles. Tearing the braid into two equally portions and spinning directly from the top allows the colours to marl much more in knitting.
These are two options, of course you may wish to try many other methods and get a different look. If you decide to ply against a semi solid colour in the same base then look out for my colours: Olive, Viola and Sarsaparilla.
This would make a lovely baby sweater.


Vintage Cardigan

Have a wonderful day... Sara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...