Become a Sponsor Here

Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Sara's Texture Crafts Christmas 2013 Swap on Ravelry - My Christmas Swap Partner's Yarn.

So a while ago over on the Ravelry group, I decided it would be fun to have a Christmas swap. About fourteen of us agreed to take part, which being even numbers would make life choosing swap partners much easier.
 
The concept behind the swap was to give a hand spun skein of yarn to your partner at this special time of year... a way to say thank you for being a good yarny friend this year. The giftee would then knit it up as part of our knit-along through December and January.
 
After a brief conversation with my swap partner I decided that tones of purples and blues would be my best choice in yarn colour... but how to go about it... dye something or card it?

I went with the carded option, as I love spinning with rolags. This is colour Snozberry, which is available to buy in the shop and is inspired by the film 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'.
 
As I say I love spinning with rolags, for me the spin is much finer and more consistent than the other preparations I like to spin, so as our rule was 100g of a two ply yarn I wanted to get yardage.

It's a difficult colour to photograph, but I think you can see the purple and blue tones set against crystal sparkle.

 
I got a skein of 100 grams, 109.7 meters in an Aran 2ply weight. I was surprised at how much the yarn bloomed during setting... still there is enough for a winter hat. I look forward to seeing what my swap partner makes with this.

What are you making and gifting this year?

Have a wonderful day... Sara x

4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful yarn, and I must say it is very consistent. It has been fun to read this post about your preparation of MY yarn :0). Thank you so much Sara for doing this fun Christmas swap and your effort with my yarn, I love it very much and think it will be a cowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susanne! I am so glad you like it and I look forward to knitting along with you in December to see how your cowl comes out.
      I think I might make this a regular activity on Ravelry :)
      Sara xx

      Delete
  2. A regular swap would be so great. I really enjoyed spinning for my partner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab... I'll think on it a bit too. Maybe switch things up a bit... Sx

      Delete

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...