Sunday, 14 July 2013

Devon WSD Fleece Day Sale

This is my stall at the Devon WSD Guild's Fleece Day Sale. I had a mixture of Merino blends and hand dyed Polwarth, Jacob, Blends, BFL. There was also Batts, my new rolags, hand dyed yarns and texture boxes.

As you can see it got quite busy for an hour or so... The die hard fibre addicts came out in the hottest day of the year to come and buy/play with wool.

Although sales were down on last year (due to the weather), there was lots of interest in my work... Especially the new rolags which will also feature at Fibre-East and go live in the website www.sarastexturecrafts.com in the early August update. I also made a few new contacts with some very interesting opportunities, which make a slower day all the more fabulous!

What did I buy? Well I did manage to pick up some extra fleeces which will go to the mill to make into my 'Straight from the Farm' tops. These will feature in a new breed tasting club I will open in my next shop update at www.sarastexturecrafts.com.

I'm off to potter around the house today and finish a few blocking projects and get some washing out while the sun is so hot!

Hope you are having a wonderful day?

Sara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x