Thursday, 17 January 2013

Needle Felting Jam at The Craft Hub... and back to teaching for me.

P255

Thank you so much to the thirty students who came to the needle felt jam held at the City Gate Pub last night. I had a fab night.

This was my first social craft pub event and my first steps back into teaching workshops for, well almost four years. Of course I've demonstrated at shows and filmed tutorial videos, but I haven't got back into teaching since we moved to Devon. Partly because of time, but mostly due to the lack of a space to use.

We arrived early... I'd asked Darrin to help me walk the room to make sure the students had enough wool and replacement needles. A class of thirty takes time to get around if you want to give close attention to everyone. Students should always feel inspired and have a sense of value for money. Darrin was a great help keeping everyone well feed with fibre while I taught... Thank you Darrin.

I was a bit daunted at the start, a class of thirty five was forecast and that's a large number of students to watch over. Pip and Hannah of The Craft Hub (they run their club from their Facebook page, check it out!) were wonderful. They made sure we had everything we needed and set out the room in an easy to manoeuvre way. All I had to do was plan my class and the kits to teach with... Great to have those details sorted out so I can concentrate on giving a great class.

Thank you most importantly to the students... They were just so inspired from the beginning and picked up the new craft with ease, creating some wonderful pieces. I love that you can have a room of thirty people and get thirty very different projects... So inspiring.

I think everyone had a good time... There were lots of smiles and thank you's at the end of the night.

I love the idea of these social events too. What a great way to meet new friends and learn a new skill. I'm so pleased to have been invited to teach and really excited about having booked my next class with them in November.

Watch this space... I'm back to teaching!

Sara x
www.sarastexturecrafts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visit Our Lovely Affilliates

Interweave Store Creative Video Workshops on Creativebug.com