Why am I doing this? Well the recession is tough on all of us and as larger retailers feel the pinch they pool their resources to manoeuvre themselves into better market positions. Independents struggle to keep up; many businesses go by the way-side as a result. It is only with our help and support that they can continue to thrive and create inspirational products and services.
So please join me in celebrating these finds where ever and in whatever way you can… either with your pockets, or by spreading the word.
Here is my first top indie picks for 2013…
Beautiful Shawl Pins
- Crochet Shawl Pin Pattern by bysol
- Fabric Shawl, or Hat Pins by SewDanish
- Frog Bead Shawl/Hair Pin by GardenOfWeedinGirl
- Beaded Shawl Pin by IngoDesign
- Hand Turned Wooden Shawl Pin by hanssenstudios
- Sterling Silver Dragonfly Pin by SterlingSimplicity
- Ceramic Kiwi Brooch by RuthRobinsonCeramics
- Reversible Silver Shawl Pin by RubyVegas
- Inlayed Wooden Shawl Pin by daystar07 - who I can totally recommend as I bought my spinning wrist distaff from Katherine and had great service, with beautiful product.
P.S. If you buy something from a featured independent as a result of one of my blog posts, please let them know... it's always nice to find out where new customers come from.