Thursday, 6 December 2012

Portia Cowl finished and finally blogged!

Do you remember the cast on in early November and how it grew by mid-November? Well I finished on the 30th, ready for a Christmas Fair at Westpoint I was visiting with my mother and sister on the 1st of December. This is me... very happy with my finished cowl!

I love it! It's warm and just the right flash of velvety colour to dress up, or dress down. You can find links to the pattern and yarn on my Ravelry project page. I do encourge you to have a go for yourselves, although the pattern looked complicated it was actually a much easier lace pattern when I started knitting... something I could knit and watch TV whilst doing. The finished piece is not without it's minor flaws, I had a few end issues from not having worked with chenille before and the odd fudged stitch of lace here and there. That's ok though, as the yarn and pattern was very forgiving... only I can spot the mistakes. Everyone else just asks if it was expensive and where I bought it?! The perfect responce to a hand knit, no?

Not sure what I'll cast on next... but I did spot a hat in the pattern book which will use the skien I have left over.

Sara x

www.sarastexturecrafts.com

2 comments:

  1. That's so pretty Sara. Love the colour too.
    I've been busy with the wool rovings I bought from you too...check out the baby gragon who flew straight off the shelf and Monty mouse in the last few posts on my blog :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    I will check out your blog in a while and maybe post link to it if I get chance later on. Sx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visit Our Lovely Affilliates

Interweave Store Creative Video Workshops on Creativebug.com