Shop Update 29th June 2012 – from 9:30am- 10am
Welcome to the next shop update!
‘Wow’ you say… not only is she notifying me a day early, but she’s even put a time of upload on it! Yes, well... in light of the last week I’ve tried to give as much advance warning as possible. The reason being that braids in particular have been flying out of the shop leading to many emails and phone calls about what’s in the next update and what may have been missed. So in the interests of making things a little fairer and easier, I’m changing the way I update;
- Update days – You can find the dates of these at http://sarastexturecrafts.com/page/5172-events.aspx. I use Google calendar for my event diary. So if you have a Google account you can add specific events to your own calendar and set alarms if you wish…
- Update times – I will update the shop at 9:30 each update day and do my best to finish by 10am. If I cannot meet this time, I will add a notice to the event page.
- Stock – I will also try to update the diary with contents of each update as I get them ready. These will also be added to the news section of my website (links on home page), which will also be added to social networking sites (facebook, twitter, ravelry, etc…) I will try to have this ready at least 1 day in advance of the update.
- Photos – I will try to make sure that instead of teasing you with photos of some of the product in the update, I will include all of them. That way if you miss something you will know what it looked like… and if you want to custom order then you know what to ask for. I will make my lists below match the order of the photos from top left to right and so on.
- Etsy – If you shop with me on Etsy too (http://www.etsy.com/shop/SarasTextureCrafts), then I will also be updating here at the same time. I will try to have the same stock levels and variety, but please note that my website is my main update priority.
I hope this helps?
I have also doubled my production capacity recently, so I am hoping to have more than 1 of each hand dyed item available. This means that there is now more chance to get your hands on something during an update. Remember so things go faster than others, so please try and keep an eye on the update news and events.
Ok… Today is all about the hand dyed… a chance to grab braids and fleece for spinning, or felt making.
Here’s the list;
Hand dyed Tops – I have 2 of most braids;
- BFL Hyacinth
- BFL Dartmoor
- BFL Wildflowers (just 1)
- BFL Nightfall (just 1)
- FalklandFall Leaves
- Merino Autumn (just 1)
- Merino Anemone (just 1)
- Merino Pansy (just 1)
Hand dyed Fleece – these are easy to draft from in most cases. Where you have a curl and don’t want to make an art yarn, then you can card by hand (you can use a drum carder, but I recommend a quick comb by hand just to loosen the curls).
- BFL Dartmoor
- BFL Fall Leaves
- BFL Nebula
- Romney Marsh Malachite
- Romney Marsh Fall Leaves
- Romney Marsh Nebula
- Romney Marsh Bluebell Woods
- Romney Marsh Dartmoor
- Romney Marsh Nightfall
Hand dyed Knops – great for felt making or spinning.
- Fall Leaves
You can find all of these in the shop at www.sarastexturecrafts.com, by selecting the hand dyed category from the shop menu bar. I have added this to the front page for this update.
Next Update Due: 6th July! This will include more fleeces (depending on the weather for shearing) and stock (including yarns) left from both June shows (WSD Somerset Guild Fleece day and the Lace Guild Sale day).
Don’t forget to come and see me at my next events! http://sarastexturecrafts.com/page/5172-events.aspx