Just a quick update to let you know that I have opened a competition for any Ravelry members who want to compete with me in the Tour de Fleece… when I say ‘compete’, I mean a friendly spin-along!
The Tour de Fleece is a friendly spin-along held on Ravelry each year. It follows the Tour de France bike race, with the idea that as they ride we spin; covering yardage, as they cover mileage. There are various groups and prizes you can be involved, with the simplest premise that we spin, socialize and generally enjoy almost a full month at our beloved wheels.
I thought it might be fun to join in and share some offerings from my shop. Here's what's up for grabs;
- A 10% discount on an order at www.sarastexturecrafts.com by adding the discount code: teamSarasTextureCrafts2012 at the checkout.
- Secondly a prize of 100g of dyed tops to one lucky winner. This I will be dyeing especially for the Tour de Fleece and pictures will follow soon.
- Discount – you will receive 10% off of your order, by adding the code teamSarasTextureCrafts2012 at the checkout. This is not redeemable at a later stage and is limited to one order per person. Discounts are open from 1st of June to the 20th of July 2012.
Prize drawing –
- To enter for the prize you must be a member on Ravelry (free and fabulous!). When you log in, sign up to the official Sara’s Texture Crafts team at
- Post pictures of your work as you go and generally join in the discussion to meet and spin-along with us. You can also tag your hand spun yarns with teamSarasTextureCrafts2012 as you enter them onto your Ravelry notebook. However, this is not essential, as I will be drawing a winner from the discussion thread.
- The Tour de Fleece officially closes on the 22nd of July, but I will extend my closing date until the 6th of August so that you have time to wash, dry and photograph any yarns made in the final few days.
- Each member will receive one entry in to the price drawing for posting pictures of their hand spun yarns. However, if you spin and submit pictures of spinning with fibre from Sara’s Texture Crafts you will get a second entry.
- I will announce the winner on the 10th of August 2012.
Official team thread and competition is at http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/tour-de-fleece/topics/2160691