Welcome to the competition!
Experiment and try something new, share what you make for a chance to win 500g of your favourite new breed!
- You must be a purchaser of the Fleece Club 2012 at http://sarastexturecrafts.com/products/37726--fleece-club-sample-new-fleeces.aspx. Sign ups close on the 6th of July 2012.
- Post your progress and finished yarns, and/or projects on the competition thread on Ravelry at http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/saras-texture-crafts/topics/2093269.
- Competition ends on the 22nd of October, which is a month from the last club shipment.
- I will pick a winner from the thread and this will be the person who I think has either shown the greater learning, or progress within their experimentation with new breeds.
- I will then contact the winner to choose which fleece they would like a further 500g from.
as an aside note: Please keep chatter to club content only for ease of moderation. If you have questions related to the club, please contact me here the website.
The idea is that you will be introduced to varying breeds of sheep throughout the offer. These will be in small amounts that are easy to wash and process, giving you something new to play with in your spinning and felt making.
So how does it work and what do you get? There is one easy payment at the checkout and this pays for the 3 deliveries. Each delivery will contain;
- 3 x 50g of unwashed fleece, skirted and sorted.
- Information about the fleece you have received and recommendations for washing, processing and spinning… if they differ from the basic instructions.
- The first delivery will include basic washing and processing instructions.
Breeds may vary depending on what I can source from Farmers, but could include; Ryeland, Massam, Teeswater/Kerry Hill Cross, Wensleydaye, Teeswater, Manx Loagthan, Romney Marsh, Shetland, Leicester Longwool, Zwartbles, or Gotland.
Colours will vary too. So for example, if I give you a white Teeswater sample, then you may receive a black Wensleydale sample. This will vary your sampling, so that you can keep track of the fleece as you spin or felt it and also introduce you to the wonderful natural shades available.