Saturday, 13 August 2011

Weaving Day 3

Today I got to start weaving my weft threads. Louise Cottey (our tutor) walked us through basic tabby (plain) weave and simple structures using our warp design. Remembering which shafts to lift was hard... I think I relied on the 'talking to myself' method!

Later in the afternoon we started balanced twills, which I forgot to photograph. This was probably my favourite stitch patterning so far.

I also love finding that different warp designs would give us different effects with the same weft structure.

Everyone in the class has such lovely work, every one of us is quite different in our approach to colour and texture... This makes learning from each other just as inspirational as my individual journey.

Last day tomorrow :(

Sara x
Www.sarastexturecrafts.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x