Become a Sponsor Here

Saturday, 7 March 2009

Spinning myself in knots!

Ok, here's a picture of what I did so far... I'm using a top whorl spindle and a Merino and Wensleydale blend I carded... I only made a small rolag of fibre, just to test my first attempt.

I think my spinning was too fast in some areas and too little in others.



Needless to say that trying something for the first time when you over tired and it's around 10pm, wasn't a great idea!
Help!

Sara x
Visit my Main Website here

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I have never used a drop spindle. That yarn seems to have a really nice sparkle, what is added to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used the wool -some of it- that I bought from you to spin some yarn with this very same method... i loove how I can sit and watch tv and do it at the same time... pretty ok I'd say for a first time. Will take a pic later and show you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys!

    Bishop Stone... the shine comes from the Wensleydale, when carded the curls give off a nice lustre.

    Florcita... I'm glad you like the Merino you bought from me. I'd love to see how you get on with your drop spindle, I need some advice!

    Laura... Thank you! I think this is going to take a lot of time to master.

    Sxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...