Friday, 8 February 2008

DaWanda Sellers Blog Group - Update #11

Good Morning all! It's that time again!Here are the vitals;

Member List
DaWanda Sellers Blog Group - Application form.

-------------------------------------------------

Today I have just one small quick announcement before I present our featured seller... Check out Facebook's business page application. This is a great way to promote your products! Here's the DaWanda Directory's article about it http://dawandashopdirectory.blogspot.com/2008/02/advertise-your-stores-on-facebook.html

Ok, now for our featured seller... ChiciBoulie!

1. Tell me a bit about your background and how long you have been an artist/crafter.

I am a work-at-home mother of 3 children aged 7 to 14 months. I have been drawing and crafting for as long as I can remember, but never really attempted to sell my work until about 3 years ago when I started on a whim. I haven't looked back since and the ideas are overwhelming at times, there is so much I would like to do. Unfortunately, time is at a premium at the moment.


2. Where do you find your inspiration?

Everywhere. Sometimes it's something I see in a magazine, colours or images that pass by, sometimes it's something I hear. Very often lately it comes from my children who, in my opinion, have fabulous imaginations. I wish I could illustrate so many of the things they say!

3. Do you sell your work?

Yes! I started selling at local fairs about 3 years ago. I then started my website and have since joined other sites. I hope to eventually use my website as a news only outlet and have my customers purchase through other sites. I also sell my items in local boutiques.
http://www.chichiboulie.com/
http://chichiboulie.etsy.com/
http://chichiboulie.dawanda.com/
www.notonthehighstreet.com/chichiboulie

4. You mentioned that you sell on DaWanda. How did you find out about the site and how long have you been selling there?

I started my boutique on DaWanda in September 2007. I had heard about it "through the grapevine" as you say and decided to check it out.

5. Tell me a bit about your current DaWanda collection.

I'm still adding to my DaWanda boutique, sometimes not as frequently as I would like. Currently I offer my original artwork (mainly watercolours although I will be added acrylics soon) as well as prints and cards made up from my originals.

One of my current favorites is titled "Les Friandises" or The Sweets in English. It is a set of 3 coordinating prints that would look gorgeous in a child's room or a kitchen. They represent a slightly different style for me while still being recognizable as a ChichiBoulie product.

I am also personally quite fond of my "Fancy Kittens" prints mainly because they are so simple and silly. I've had a good response to them so far, so maybe I'll do some Dapper Doggies sometime too. Hmmmm... that's actually a good idea!

Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze some more time in the day to add more items to my shops as well as create some new products. There are so many techniques I'd like to try out!

Be sure to check out ChichiBoulie!
See you next time,
Sara x

2 comments:

Cosy Candles said...

I just love Chichiboulie's designs. Just perfect for decorating nurseries and children's bedrooms. Thank you for bringing this lovely lady's talent to our attention.

Kala said...

Chichi's work is lovely!

Post a Comment

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visit Our Lovely Affilliates

Interweave Store Creative Video Workshops on Creativebug.com