Monday, 13 August 2007

Ideas for crafting with scrap fabrics – help to recycle

I published this craft guide in my eBay shop as part of my craft kits and equipment sales forum. My reasoning behind it was to help show how useful and beautiful things can easily be made from scraps that we might otherwise throw away.

Here are some crafts in which you could easily use your scrap fabrics;
  • Creative patchwork
  • Card making
  • Scrap booking
  • Freehand machine embroidery
  • Creative hand embroidery
  • Jewellery making
  • Accessory making
  • Clothes making

I made this brooch for my Etsy shop, as part of my first Etsy collection - Sara's Texture Crafts - Etsy Shop and included buttons, beads and on some of the brooches; antique pieces.

Here are some of my project ideas for using your scrap fabrics – be unique, thrifty and green!

  • Doll clothes
  • A patchwork tote bag
  • A patchwork soft toy
  • A fabric postcard – send one to a friend!
  • Make a fabric brooch or pair of drop earrings
  • What about a fabric cuff (bangle)
  • A cute patchwork skirt for summer?
  • A patchwork cushion for your sofa
  • A needle safe
  • Cover your journal in a fabric picture
  • A cute hair scrunchie or slide
  • A coin purse
  • New oven gloves, if you can get the wadding lining!
  • An Ipod/MP3 player case
  • Christmas decorations


As many a fellow crafter and textile artist will tell you there is often so much waste fabric, that you don't always have the time to use it all yourself. So, I currently sell some of my own scrap fabrics for £2.00 per pack at Sara's Texture Crafts - Scrap Packs








You can find lots more of my craft guides in my eBay shop at Sara's Texture Crafts - eBay Craft Guides. Please feel free to rate an guides you find useful - Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful blog and what a great reminder to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about selling my scraps as well. I can't bring myself to throw them away and I sue as much as I can. But my scrap pile is over flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea to recycle scraps of material. I have a big bag full of them :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
I hope you have enjoyed what you have been reading here on Crafts of Texture. Please feel free to leave me your comments and feedback and I will be along to publish and reply as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Sara x