Here are some crafts in which you could easily use your scrap fabrics;
- Creative patchwork
- Card making
- Scrap booking
- Freehand machine embroidery
- Creative hand embroidery
- Jewellery making
- Accessory making
- Clothes making
I made this brooch for my Etsy shop, as part of my first Etsy collection - Sara's Texture Crafts - Etsy Shop and included buttons, beads and on some of the brooches; antique pieces.
Here are some of my project ideas for using your scrap fabrics – be unique, thrifty and green!
- Doll clothes
- A patchwork tote bag
- A patchwork soft toy
- A fabric postcard – send one to a friend!
- Make a fabric brooch or pair of drop earrings
- What about a fabric cuff (bangle)
- A cute patchwork skirt for summer?
- A patchwork cushion for your sofa
- A needle safe
- Cover your journal in a fabric picture
- A cute hair scrunchie or slide
- A coin purse
- New oven gloves, if you can get the wadding lining!
- An Ipod/MP3 player case
- Christmas decorations
As many a fellow crafter and textile artist will tell you there is often so much waste fabric, that you don't always have the time to use it all yourself. So, I currently sell some of my own scrap fabrics for £2.00 per pack at Sara's Texture Crafts - Scrap Packs
You can find lots more of my craft guides in my eBay shop at Sara's Texture Crafts - eBay Craft Guides. Please feel free to rate an guides you find useful - Thank you.